A steel bumper is a big investment. The best way to make sure that you get the most value for your money is to buy a steel bumper that’s made in the USA. Here are 3 good reasons why it’s a good idea to buy a USA-made steel bumper.
1. Buying Products Made In The USA Benefits The Economy
Buying USA-made products:
- Supports American manufacturing jobs
- Keeps unemployment down
- Expands the tax base to create new jobs and pay for benefits
- Reduces American trade deficits
- Supports local businesses, which reinforces the strength of local communities
Did you know that every new auto manufacturing job supports nine other jobs (according to the Center for Automotive Research)? So if you buy a USA-built steel bumper, you’re supporting the folks who made it and you’re helping 9 other people keep their jobs.
2. Raw Material Quality Is More Reliable In The USA
Buying products made in the USA goes well beyond patriotism. USA-made products deliver much more value than their counterparts made overseas. This applies to steel bumpers. It’s because the US has stringent standards for both raw material quality and welding.
All the steel made in the USA has to comply with rigorous manufacturing regulations. The steel must meet the high standards set by the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM). ASTM determines the appropriate blend of materials manufacturers put into their steel. This ensures:
- Resistance to corrosion
The steel quality standards in overseas countries aren’t as rigorous as those in the USA. The steel in many overseas countries like China, is barely regulated. That means most (if not all) steel bumpers made overseas:
- Provide less protection in a crash
- May contain toxic chemicals
- Are not resistant to corrosion
Mass production is very common overseas, too. That means the weld quality isn’t always great. A steel bumper is only as strong as its welds. The weld quality is actually more important than the steel thickness. That’s why you want a steel bumper with high quality welds. It’s a great way to guarantee that the bumper will last a long time.
Steel quality is always important, but it’s extra important when it comes to steel bumpers. If you use a bumper with low quality steel and/or welds, you may run into the following problems:
- Inability to provide protection in a crash (by crumbling up easily)
- Rust and corrosion
- Poor appearance
The point of upgrading to a steel bumper is to give your vehicle extra protection. That’s why you need high quality steel and welds (as well as the other factors listed in this post). Not all USA-made steel bumpers are high quality, though. But only looking for USA-built bumpers will drastically increase your chances of getting a well-built bumper.
Throttle Down Kustoms bumpers have all the hallmarks of a high quality steel bumper. All TDK bumpers are – you guessed it – made in the USA. Here are 6 reasons why TDK bumpers are among the best on the market.
3. Buying USA-Made Products Is Good For The Environment
If you care about the environment, buy USA-made products. Buying products from halfway across the globe:
- Wastes our natural resources
- Puts a lot of pollution in the air for no good reason
- Contributes to air, water, and/or land pollution during manufacturing (as some countries don’t have pollution laws that are as strict as ours)
USA-made products have a much smaller carbon footprint than products made overseas. If you want to be green, buy a USA-made steel bumper!