Once you’re ready to buy a heavy-duty steel bumper for your truck, you’ll save a lot of time and energy if you know what to look for in one. So how can you find a bumper that offers the most bang for the buck?
To find the best heavy-duty steel bumper on the market, look for one that has all of the following features:
1. Heavy Gauge Steel And Top Quality Welding
A steel bumper is only as strong as the weakest weld or thinnest piece of steel. A poor quality weld will quickly fracture, leading to rust and eventually causing the bumper to fall apart. A cracked weld will also spell disaster if you have a collision or try to use a winch mounted to your bumper.
Look for a steel bumper that’s made of heavy gauge steel and expertly welded by certified professionals. It will provide the strength and protection you need and last longer than your truck if maintained correctly.
2. A Variety Of Finish Options
Do you want a heavy-duty steel bumper that matches your truck and suits your preferences? Get one from a fabricator that offers a variety of finish options. At Throttle Down Kustoms, we offer ready-to-paint bumpers and we also powder coat bumpers. Powder coating is available in a variety of colors including black, silver, and white.
3. Lots Of Customization Options
To make your heavy-duty steel bumper truly yours, go with a customizable one. TDK offers many options so you can have a bumper that looks just the way you want and meets all of your needs.
When you order a Throttle Down Kustoms bumper, you’ll get to decide whether you want to add:
- A receiver hitch
- Light holes
- Powder coating
- Parking sensors
- Winch mount
- Grille guard
4. A Lifetime Warranty And Made In The USA
Both of these features represent quality. Bumpers made overseas aren’t always made in a way that will protect your vehicle in a collision. Bumper manufacturers that won’t warranty their product for life are doing something wrong. Steel bumpers should last forever if properly fabricated.
Features To Avoid
When you find a steel bumper with one or both of the following features, think twice.
- Lightweight: A bumper needs reinforcement to be strong enough for heavy-duty use. Have you seen a bumper or bumper kit that weighs about 100 pounds? If so, you’ve seen something that’s probably weaker than the OEM bumper it will replace.
- Lack of customization options: If you go with a steel bumper that doesn’t have a lot of customization options, then it’ll look generic.
The Brand That Offers All the Features On This List
Throttle Down Kustoms builds high-end heavy-duty steel bumpers with:
- Heavy gauge steel
- High-quality welding
- Lots of finish and customization options
- A lifetime warranty
- A “Made in the USA” badge of honor
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about our steel bumpers!
Drive a heavy-duty truck? Take a look at these articles, too.