1987-1995 Jeep YJ Wrangler Skid Plate
Throttle Down Kustoms skid kits are serious armor for your 1987-1995 YJ’s transmission and transfer case. TDK skids are CNC laser cut and CNC bent for a precise fit. If you’ve ever started grinding to get a handmade skid to fit a frame, you know how important precision manufacturing is. At TDK, we also make Jeep frames with CNC with laser cut and bent precision. So we know exactly how the skid should fit, and exactly where the bolt holes should go.
- Bolt on mounting.
- Removable skid skin so you can service the tranny or transfer case while still supporting it.
- Round hex head skid skin fasteners slide over rocks and you can still get a tool on them.
- Replaces the existing tranny mount crossmember.
- Will fit all OEM engine, tranny, and transfer case combinations.
- 1.5″ diameter, .120″ wall thickness HREW tubing.
- 3/16″ steel plate.
- OEM Frame (only if it is un-modified).
- TDK Frame
Dropping the tranny mount allows you to fit other drivetrain options, or tilt the drivetrain to improve driveshaft angles.
- 0″ Drop – Tranny mount is in the stock location.
- 1 ” Drop – Tranny mount sits 1″ lower than stock.
- 1.5″ Drop – Tranny mount sits 1.5″ lower than stock.
|Dimensions||30 × 30 × 10 in|
Note: Weight and dimensions listed may not represent actual product weight or size and may only be used for shipping purposes.
|1987 - 1995||Jeep||YJ Wrangler|