1980-1986 Jeep CJ Skid Plate – NV4500 Style
Throttle Down Kustoms skid kits are serious armor for your 1980-1986 CJ’s transmission and transfer case. TDK skids are CNC laser cut and CNC bent for a precise fit. If you’ve ever started grinding to get a handmade skid to fit a frame, you know how important precision manufacturing is. At TDK, we also make Jeep frames with CNC with laser cut and bent precision. So we know exactly how the skid should fit, and exactly where the bolt holes should go.
The NV4500 Skid Plate was designed for the NV4500 style transmission to be used in the CJ. It also works with the LS and 4L60, 700 R4, and many other combinations of drivetrains. We use this skid plate almost every time someone calls us and needs a custom skid plate. They give us their measurements, and this is the skid plate that always works for them. It has an adjustable mount on it so you can move it front to back and place it in the exact spot you need to mount your transmission and transfer case.
- Bolt on mounting.
- Removable skid skin so you can service the tranny or transfer case while still supporting it.
- Round hex head skid skin fasteners slide over rocks and you can still get a tool on them.
- Replaces the existing tranny mount crossmember.
- Will fit all OEM engine, tranny, and transfer case combinations.
- Shipped bare metal.
- 1.5″ diameter, .120″ wall thickness HREW tubing.
- 3/16″ steel plate.
- OEM Frame (only if it is un-modified).
- TDK Frame
Dropping the tranny mount allows you to fit other drivetrain options, or tilt the drivetrain to improve driveshaft angles.
- 0″ Drop – Tranny mount is in the stock location.
- 1 ” Drop – Tranny mount sits 1″ lower than stock.
- 1.5″ Drop – Tranny mount sits 1.5″ lower than stock.
|Dimensions||36 × 36 × 20 in|
|1980 - 1983||Jeep||CJ5|
|1980 - 1986||Jeep||CJ7|
|1981 - 1986||Jeep||CJ8|