What's The Best Steel Bumper Brand For Your Jeep?
An off-road trail is a Jeep's natural habitat, but Jeep didn't build its stock bumpers for off-road use. If you take your Jeep off-roading often, you may want to invest in a steel bumper.
Finding the best steel bumper brand for your Jeep can be challenging, as there are a lot of options. Let's talk about what to look for while shopping for a steel bumper.
What To Look For In A Steel Bumper
A steel bumper is an investment. The main factors you'll want to consider when choosing a steel bumper for your Jeep are:
- Materials: You want to avoid plastic or aluminum bumpers. 100% steel bumpers are the strongest bumpers money can buy.
- Welding quality: A high-quality weld on a steel bumper will provide the most protection in the event of a crash.
- Fitment: Fitment is essential in bumpers. You want a steel bumper that's CNC (computer numerical control) cut. It ensures that all the angles, joints, and bracket locations are accurate.
- Manufacturing country: Steel quality standards vary between countries. If you want a bumper made with high-quality steel, go with one that's made in the USA from US steel, as the US has stringent steel quality standards.
- Customization: To get the most value out of a steel bumper, get a custom-built one. You'll get to customize it just the way you want. For example, you can opt to add light holes or a winch mount to your steel bumper.
- Warranty: A steel bumper is a big investment, so it's wise to find one that's warrantied. The best kind of warranty you can find on a steel bumper is a lifetime warranty.
When considering an aftermarket steel bumper, you might be curious about weight. We talk more about that in this blog post.
Throttle Down Kustoms Bumpers Meet All The Criteria
You don't have to look far to find a custom steel bumper that meets all the criteria listed above. Throttle Down Kustoms bumpers are the best of the best. Here's why:
- We hire skilled welders to ensure all our bumpers have the highest quality welding.
- We build our bumpers with premium PNO steel plate.
- To ensure exact fitment, we laser cut the PNO steel plate using CNC technology.
- We design, engineer, and build all our bumpers in-house at our Montana facility. We source all our materials in the USA, meaning we only use materials that pass the USA's rigorous steel quality standards.
- We offer a lot of customization options for our bumpers. You can customize your TDK Jeep bumper just the way you want to.
- We offer a lifetime warranty for all our bumpers.
Does TDK Make Bumpers For My Jeep Model?
If you own one of the Jeep models listed below, you're in luck. You can score a TDK custom steel bumper for the following Jeep models:
- 2007-2018 Jeep JK/JKU Wrangler
- 2018-2020 Jeep JL/JLU Wrangler
- 2020 Jeep JT Gladiator
3 Types Of TDK Bumpers For Jeeps
We offer three different types of TDK bumpers made for Jeeps:
1. Brush Guard
A TDK brush guard is a bumper with a bar that extends up in front of your grille. A brush guard provides extra protection for your grille and all the parts behind it. A TDK brush guard is a great bumper to have when you take your Jeep off-roading often. It will protect your Jeep from:
- Muddy terrain
- River crossings
- Large debris on the trail (like logs)
2. Standard Custom Bumper
A TDK standard custom bumper serves as the first line of defense against boulders, large debris, other cars, and more. It's a big upgrade from the stock bumper on your Jeep. It has a minimalistic design, but it offers maximum protection.
A TDK Prerunner is a standard custom bumper with a bull bar attached. It's the ideal solution for:
Get your Jeep the best protection money can buy with a TDK bumper today!