Throttle Down Kustoms skid kits are serious armor for your 1945-1975 CJ's transmission and transfer case. TDK skids are CNC laser cut and CNC bent for a precise fit. If you've ever started grinding to get a hand made skid to fit a frame, you know how important precision manufacturing is. At TDK, we also make Jeep frames with CNC laser cuts and bent precision. So we know exactly how the skid should fit, and exactly where the bolt holes should go.
- Adjustable to fit any engine, tranny, and transfer case combination.
- Skid can be moved forward or rearward to fit your drivetrain.
- Tranny mount can be moved front to rear in the skid. Weld in place to fit your drivetrain.
- Bolt on mounting with some drilling and welding required.
- Removable skid skin so you can service the tranny or transfer case while still supporting it.
- Round hex head skid skin fasteners slide over rocks and you can still get a tool on them.
- Replaces the existing tranny mount crossmember.
- Shipped bare metal.
- 1.5" diameter, .120" wall thickness HREW tubing.
- 3/16" steel plate.
- TDK Frame - You must weld sleeves into the frame to re-enforce the mounting points.
- OEM Frame - You must box in the center section of the frame, and may need other modifications. Call us if you have questions.
Dropping the tranny mount allows you to fit other drivetrain options, or tilt the drivetrain to improve driveshaft angles.
- 0" Drop - Tranny mount is in the stock location.
- 1 " Drop - Tranny mount sits 1" lower than stock.
- 1.5" Drop - Tranny mount sits 1.5" lower than stock.